Hello World! Can Can Dancer has moved. Please visit www.cancandancer.com to see new DIY posts (and all past posts too!). Happy Crafting!

Window Makeover

So I went and picked up this awesome window-shaped mirror at a thrift shop for $6.  It was originally painted forest green and it had a hefty amount of chipped off paint.  I decided I wanted to give it a little makeover.  I tried to remove the mirror, but when I was sliding it out, it cracked right in my hand.

I had to make something with the empty frame, and  I bought a few cans of neon pink spray paint at Michael's.  (I have been printing 40% off coupons from this Link, for months now.) I was lazy and didn't paint the frame white first, so it took many layers of paint to cover that icky forest green base.

After it was neon pink, I took a scribe paintbrush (long and skinny bristles) and hand painted abstract swirls over the entire frame.  I also painted all the visible sides of the frame with the swirls.

I wish my camera could pick up just how bright it is, it glows when the sunlight hits it!



Now I just need to figure out what to put behind it.  A poster, collage, another mirror?




No comments:

Post a Comment